Monday, May 9, 2011

jeff's update!

This is an entry from Jeff's daughter Jessica.  My parents asked that I update his status on here while they are busy with more important health care needs.  Jeff had a brain tumor return in December and has since been battling the treatments to minimize its growth.  At this time he is in good spirits as he always is.  His positive outlook and endless energy have been keeping him going.  He has had several complications recently that have needed hospital stays but he is now comfortably at home being taken very good care of by my great mom. We would love to see many of you but due to his low platelet levels and weakened immune system he is very susceptible to catching germs.  Phone calls are also hard because he is having a hard time verbally communicating his thoughts but he can understand when being talked to.  We encourage all of you to leave messages on this blog and I will be certain to read them all to him daily.  As well as any hand written letters.  But, most importantly would be your prayers with him and my mom as they are dealing with this battle.  I can only tell you that watching my parents go through this trial has shown me how much they love each other and how much they rely on the gospel in their lives! I am very proud to be their daughter because of  the strength they have both shown through this difficult time.  I will update more frequently and I will see if I can post pictures soon!

8 comments:

  1. Jeff and Terri -

    From an old friend -

    I drove past Jeff's old house on 21st East yesterday on the way to my Mom's house. I thought about how things had changed with me, with you with everyone, and how things haven't changed. Jeff, you are still a bright enthusiastic make the world better kind of guy. And you have!

    Terri, you are solid strong, wonderful woman, who has added so much by your working together, seamlessly, with my very good friend. You have shown us all how to do it.

    I am praying for both of you, for your happiness, and getting what you want and need. You are both a testimony to me of people one understand. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, Jessica! Your parents are so great and a wonderful, strong team. I'm so glad they have each other as they are going through this trial. We'll definitely keep them both in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to share love from the Sowby's. We keep an eye on your blog to get updates and wanted to wish all of you the best. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Ken, Dana, Jake (Jaimi, Kyli), and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jessica,

    Your dad and mom have always been two of my heroes. Your dad and I go back well over 20 years and I have always considered him to be an incredible friend, fabulous teacher, brilliant and logical mind, humble, and a faithful man of God!! We will continue to pray, and add our faith to the thousands of friends and family members, for both your mom and dad. Please give them both a big hug from Alan and Katherine Stallings

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are Emily Sanderson's (Vienna VA) parents who live in Orem. You have been an inspiration to us when we read your blog, as we are going through the same thing in our lives. We know the Savior will bring peace and comfort to you and your family. It has to ours. We're thinking of you and pray for you. http://remeberwhoyouare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. President and Sister Morrow,

    You will continue to be in my prayers. I love you both and appreciate all you have done for me. My mom was recently diagnosed with cancer and has been waging the same war with you. May the Lord continue to be right by your side and show you the positive in all this.

    Kory Dopp

    ReplyDelete
  7. President Morrow! I always remembered you as a Lion of the Lord, and it seems that through this trial you have maintained that distinction! I still remember your words telling my dad (about halfway through my mission) that Elder Woodland needed some humbling experiences before he could be made a district leader! As I face my own challenges I will always remember that counsel, and I strive daily to remember how blessed I really am, and how it's not because of me, but He who enables all things. I'll try not to be a rascal in the future! I wish you and Sister Morrow the very best as you recover. I love you very much!

    Sincerely,

    Elder Sean Woodland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeff and Terri,

    We are thinking about you and praying for you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We are just across the street...

    Bill and Diane

    ReplyDelete