Monday, May 30, 2011

Jeffrey Morrow Obituary

Jeff's Obituary.


Jeffrey R. Morrow
January 20, 1956 ~ May 25, 2011

Jeffrey Robert Morrow. 55. passed away at his Salt Lake City home, May 25, 2011, after a valiant 2 year battle with brain cancer. Born January 20, 1956 in Indianapolis, Indiana to Charlotte and Robert E. Morrow. Attended Highland High School, BYU, and received a BS in Finance from the University of Utah. Jeff was a devoted member of the LDS Church and served a mission in Rochester NY. He married Terri Gunn Morrow, whom he loved and honored his entire life, on September 1, 1977 in the Salt Lake Temple.

Jeff attended Northwestern University and received an MBA. He worked for the FSLIC, Dean Witter and Coldwell Banker. His real passion was working alongside his wife to help people find the perfect home to raise their families. Jeff was active in Rotary and local politics.



Jeff served in various LDS Church capacities as a bishop, High Council Member, and Mission President of the NYNY South Mission from 2003-2006. He stressed to his missionaries the importance of making and keeping covenants which he did throughout his mortal life.



Jeff loved people and never forgot a name. He will always be remembered for his enthusiasm and love for life. He is survived by his parents, Charlotte and Robert Morrow, loving wife; Terri, children; Russell Morrow and Jessica Gardner (John), and his adoring grandchildren; Jayne and Reagan Morrow, and Elizabeth, Thomas, and Ryan Gardner. He is also survived by brothers; Gregg (Sue), Dave (Francine), Dan (Amy), Rob, Sisters; Lynn Somol, Joy (Gordon) Buddell, Jan (Frank) Barney, and many nieces and nephews.



A viewing will be held in his honor Tuesday, May 31 from 6-8 pm at Larkin Sunset Lawn, 2350 East 1300 South. A funeral will be held the following day, Wednesday, June 1, at 11:00 am with a viewing from 9:30 to 10:30 am at the Monument Park Stake Center. 1320 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake, in lieu of flowers, please donate to the LDS General Missionary Fund. On-line condolences www.larkincares.com.

3 comments:

  1. We heard about President Morrow today from Sister Yeagi Kim, one of our missionaries. We served with your mom and dad as Office couple after your grandparents, the Gunns, left to go home. We love your parents. Terri, we love you and keep you in our prayers. It will be hard, but we know you have fought the good fight with him and have done all you could do, both of you. We will miss him, and his leadership. I really thought he might be a general authority, but his mission is now on the other side. May Heavenly FAther bless you and your family. Love Bonnie and Dennie Holyoak

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just learned of Jeff's passing today. I was one of Jeff's Marketing students at SLCC. Jeff was an amazing teacher. He helped my teammates and I qualify for the finals in the Utah Real Estate Challenge. I remember how he would proudly show our pictures, in the awards ceremony program, to everyone at SLCC. I'll never forget the day Jeff showed up to class with a shaved head and explained to us why he had missed the last week of class. I have never seen anyone show such strength and positivity in such a difficult situation. Jeff was instrumental in guiding me down a path that has led to many successes. I will miss him greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trevor Crapo
    I served with Jeffery Morrow between 2005-2006 in the NY NY South Mission. I served from 2005-2007. I learned of his passing only recently. Though I only knew President morrow for only 8 months he left an impression on me that will last forever. He was a great man who inspired me and made me feel like a important person. The spark in his eyes every time I saw him would always bring a light to my day. I feel sad that I did not know of his passing sooner but joyed that I know he is still serving the Lord in the spirit world.
    To his wonderful wife Terri Morrow
    Sister Morrow I will never forget your last talk to us missionaries. "There are more things to this life than just things..." I hope you know that this missionary has gone on to marry in the temple and have a cute daughter with a boy on the way. I appreciate your guidance and love as the mother of my mission for that time.
    Thank you both so very much.

    ReplyDelete